Monday, April 4, 2011

Mashi and Tanzania

Jambo,
This weekend we drove down to the southern part of Kenya at the Tanzania border .Bishop Lawrence ministered on Saturday night and Sunday morning services, as I recorded them with my camera. Saturday night bishop Daniel’s took us all over the border where we sat and had a coke. I also rubbed by hands in the dirt and rubbed it on my face to make it office I had Tanzania soil on me, lol.
We spent the night in a guest house for the village, it is not what most of you would think of as a guest house or hotel. Esther and I shared a bed because I didn’t want to make a fuse to have my own room. The bathrooms we used, was a little ways from our rooms. The showers where public shower and next to them were the bathrooms (your favorite dad) squat toilets. These are toilets without the toilets for you to set on for those of you who are clueless. I’m actually getting pretty good at using them after a whole weekend of them. lol!!!! (Lacey the roads looked like the ones we traveled to nowhere and back I thought of your narrative of the moon and rocky mts.)
We are back in Nairobi now and I slept all night straight though dinner even.
But I really want to share a little of our trip and how wonderful the Mashi people were. At Sunday service at the end they presented Bishop, Esther and myself all a cloth of the Mashi and welcomed us all as now part of the Mashi. I well have pictures. The women had wanted to present the bends they wear also but did not have enough to make them. Bishop Daniel’s for that church always called me missionary, not by my name, but that was fine least I know who he was referring to. lol.
Well tomorrow I will be going to the school for the closing ceremony. The school will be closed for the next three weeks, and then it will start its new year. Pray for missionary teachers to come and teach the children. As the ones that are teaching now are not Christians, and want top dollar for their pay. Thank you all for your many prayers .and I will share more later, as to what other things God has for me to do here. So I already know some I do not.
PS:26:12 My feet stand on level ground; in the great assembly I will praise the Lord.
Blessing in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ,
                                                                  Cathy


2 comments:

  1. That's cool. How did you get to meet the Masai? That's pretty cool they welcomed you into their tribe. I'm totally jealous you got to to go Tanzania. I want to visit more of Africa! Hope all is well. Laura

    ReplyDelete