Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Jambo, I'm getting ready to head to Uganda

cooking tea





 Ion and Lorna
Hi my family and friends,
   Well as the title reads were are heading to Uganda for a 5 day conference with  Rev. Bette from USA.
She arrived here early this morning, Bishop and I went to the airport to get her. we decided to bet the morning rush you get on the road at 5 in the morning .Lacey ,Laura,Jane and Rod. We made it to the airport in plenty of
of time.
  We are leaving early in the morning to drive to Uganda if we can get the paper work we need for the car to cross over the border.other wise its back to the bumpy bus ride which bishop says is 5000 shilling round trip.its no  fun riding the roll coaster by yourself -- girls where are you when grand mama needs you.we did have fun riding the roller coaster bus rides together last year now didn't we.
 Sunday I went to two services and video recorded them both it was a part 1 and a part 2. the the Sunday school  class kids sang for 15 mins so I also recorded that it was really cute.
this is the video of us getting are Masai cloth the other week.
WELL there not much to tell about this week . at both serves tho the bishop had me share

how the Lord had ask me to go to Romania in 2001 when the Doctors had told me that I would be luck If I lived to see the end of 2002.
So I Went against doctors orders ,and followed Gods call to go to Romania. I told the Doctor I would rather die in Romania and see Jesus face to face then to be disobedient to God.God has given me grace since then to return to Romania in 2004,6,8,and 10 and also come to Africa in 2010 and then to call me to come for 5 months.
These have all been steps of faith I still take a lot of meds for my lungs and I still have copd but God has His hands on me and carries me though and uses me to be His hands and feet.
Thank you so very much Father God for letting me be a servant to your people.Amen

1 comment: