Sunday, June 12, 2011

June is here and this is what's happening.

Jambo in the name of Jesus,
Wow I have been here for 2 1/2 months already.I have learned to eat what the Africans here eat.today I had a bean and looked like corn mixed in for the first time as a meal.Wasn't bad in fact I'll have some more.Momma Lorna is a good cook so I have had no major problems eating what everyone else does.

 Of course I have made some American dishes also.I made a big bowl of macaroni salad.Used green pepper in place of celery,and for the dressing I used avocado a little milk and little mayo ,sugar and vinegar.It sure was good. I went and bought some minced meat(ground beef) to make hamburgers with, last Sunday was American food day.
Last week I went to the Kingdom Champion academy( Gospel Harvest Ministries, school.) they have 40 kids,but three were missing the day I went.
this is the youngest classhere they are working on school work.


this is another class that meets in the church.
there are 4 groups classes that meet in the church.










the whole school




I had a lot of funny with the children. they also sang for me.I posted that video on facebook a couple of days ago. So after the pictures I took someone caught me with the kids wanting to touch my skin.So here I am giving them my arms to see and touch.some of the children may never have touched or seen white people,before.

After show and touch I passed out a pencil to each child.


Now today(Sunday) I visited the Childrens Sunday school class.
They were practicing to sing in the second service.Again a video is on Facebook.












I took individual pictures of each child in both the Academy and the Sunday school.
I will print them out and put them in a fun foam frame for them to decorate and take home.

Now this Friday night my spiritual mom (Jane White-Stevens) will be coming to Kenya with a follow from Chicago.I will be part of there team while they are here.We will be going to western Kenya to ministry. Plus we will be doing things here also.The team will be bringing cloths, bibles,and balls (for the school.)Each time we come we bring bibles. Everything has be given by different people or bought by us personally .So I would like to thank everyone right now for all the donations we have received,both personal donation for ticket and suitcases or for the Kenyan people.
Tomorrow I will be going to town to get Greta settled into college for a computer degree.Please pray for her as she is also looking for work so she will be able to pay for her schooling herself.
Well I am going to close for now as tomorrow is coming early.
God richly bless each and everyone.Please continue to pray for the ministry here ,safe trip for Kent and Jane.Also for Bishop who has been at a conference in Germany.

Love in Christ our Lord,Cathy Perman



   

No comments:

Post a Comment